We have come to know and have believed the love, which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
–1 John 4:16 NASB
Love trusts God always. To trust God is to have confidence, to be bold, to be secure. To endure the torture and even death on the cross, Jesus had to trust God. Just as Jesus knew who He was in God and followed through on the Father’s plan, you too can embrace all that God has for you.
1 John 4:16 says that God is love and the one who abides in God has God abiding within. Therefore, when you abide in love, then love abides in you. Then you can do what love does. Read 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (MSG) and insert your name each place you see the word “love.”
- Love never gives up.
- Love cares more for others than for self.
- Love doesn’t want what Love doesn’t have.
- Love doesn’t strut, doesn’t have a swelled head, doesn’t force herself or himself on others, isn’t always, “me first.”
- Love doesn’t fly off the handle, doesn’t keep score of the sins of others, doesn’t revel when others grovel, takes pleasure in the flowering of the truth.
- Love puts up with anything.
- Love trusts God always.
- Love always looks for the best.
- Love never looks back, but keeps going to the end.
When you remember that God is love and love abides in you, you empower yourself to live all that God has planned for your life.
- Pray for a revelation of the love that lives in you.
- Thank God for the empowerment to walk out in His calling.