But mightier than the violent raging of the seas, mightier than the breakers on the shore— the LORD above is mightier than these!
–Psalm 93:4 NLT
In September 2017 Florida was devastated with a hurricane named Irma. Hurricane Irma was extremely powerful and catastrophic—the utter size of the storm was devastating. The news coverage was frightening. Reports of storm surges and winds brought fear to many people.
It is normal to be fearful of what could occur, but God is always in charge. He is mightier than the storm you face. Charles Haddon Spurgeon said, “To trust God in the light is nothing, but to trust Him in the dark—that is faith.” No matter the outcome, you can find God in the bad times just as you can in the good times. Choose to believe that God is present even when the fear is great. Jesus is standing in the gap. Fear paralyzes you—faith sets you free. The circumstance may be real, but your God understands the situation you face.
As difficult as it may be in times of trouble, remember God’s words in Isaiah 41:10 (NLT), “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
- Thank God that when fear is great, He is greater.
- Ask Holy Spirit to help you remember that God is in the midst of every storm and you can seek Him, confident that He is mightier than the storm you face.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018