And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. Your suffering is over.
—Mark 5:34 NLT
Mark 5 records three of Jesus’ miracles of healing. In Mark 5:1-20, Jesus heals a demon possessed man. When the demons were casted out, the man was profoundly grateful for what Jesus did. Many were amazed by the man’s testimony.
In Mark 5:21-34, Jesus healed a woman suffering from a bleeding disorder for twelve years. With no money left for treatment and her condition worsening, she thought, “If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed.” Upon touching the hem of His garment, power went through Jesus, and she was healed!
In Mark 5:35-43, Jesus restored a twelve-year-old girl to life. Upon entering her home, Jesus asked, “Why all this commotion? She isn’t dead; she’s only asleep.” Holding her little hand, Jesus said, “Talitha koum,” which means, “Little girl get up!” Immediately, she stood up and walked around!
No matter what you or a loved one is facing, the Healer, who cured the above people continues to perform miracles of healing today. There’s no demon on earth that the name of Jesus can’t cast out. There’s no disorder or comatose state that faith in Christ can’t reinstate. Healing begins with faith and transpires through Christ’s ministry of healing.
- Do you believe in Jesus’ power to heal people from whatever ails them? If doubtful, ask God to increase your faith.
- Lord, forgive my unbelief in Your power to heal. May the gift of healing-from the Holy Spirit-flow thru me to heal others.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Check Your Progress | Sunday | June 23 - June 23, 2019
- Unspoken Words Can’t Be Heard | Thursday | June 13 - June 13, 2019
- One Chapter – Three Healings | Saturday | June 1 - June 1, 2019