Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
–1 Peter 5:6-7 NKJV
God does not wait for you to become spotlessly clean or totally mature in your faith in order to use you. Instead, He takes ordinary, willing people and accomplishes the extra-ordinary in their lives and in the lives of those around them.
God uses the imperfect to do His work. Look at Moses, the stutterer who was called to speak to Pharaoh, Sarah, an infertile woman who became the mother of a nation, David the forgotten, youngest son who became the greatest king of his people, and Paul, a persecutor of Christians who was used to take the gospel to the nations.
God doesn’t want you to be perfect before you come to Him, instead He will perfect you when you do (Colossians 1:28). Acts 4:13 states how Peter and John, being with Jesus, made people marvel how at bold they were.
When you accept Christ, He will come and live in you. Holy Spirit will lead and guide you. Your time on earth is a day-to-day adventure with God. He loves you and wants to use you now, not when you think you are ready. His grace is sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9; Ephesians 2:8-9).
- Thank God that He’s waiting for you, and accepts and embraces you right where you are at this very moment.
- Ask Holy Spirit to remind you that God’s power and presence enable you to do things you can’t do on your own.
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- True Intentions | Monday | December 10 - December 10, 2018
- Being Purposeful | Saturday | November 24 - November 24, 2018
- So Very Thankful For So Much | Tuesday | November 20 - November 20, 2018