Happy are the people who are in such a state; happy are the people whose God is the Lord!
–Psalm 144:15 NKJV
Pondering means to think about something carefully, especially before making or reaching a conclusion. Synonyms are: think about, contemplate, consider, review, reflection, meditate on, deliberate about, turn over in one’s mind. Have you ever ‘pondered’ where your happiness is coming from?
Is your happiness based on a relationship with the Lord and Savior Jesus? Through His blood and death on the Cross, you can come before the throne of God. God sees you as being sanctified, made righteous, just as if you’ve never sinned, through Jesus’ sacrifice.
Some people base their happiness on a person, place, or thing (money, job, etc.). All of these things can be reasons to be happy, but you should not rely on things or people for your happiness. God provides your every need. Your salvation through Jesus should be your greatest source of happiness. Every day that you get to do life with God, through the Holy Spirit guiding and teaching you, is a blessing. He is the Source of peace; smile, look up, and know that He is Lord.
- Thank God that He knows what is going on in your life and He cares deeply for you.
- Ask God to help you know that the core of your joy is in your relationship with Him (see Nehemiah 8:10, the joy of the Lord is your strength).
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- True Intentions | Monday | December 10 - December 10, 2018
- Being Purposeful | Saturday | November 24 - November 24, 2018
- So Very Thankful For So Much | Tuesday | November 20 - November 20, 2018