God has spoken plainly, and I have heard it many times: Power, O God, belongs to you. –Psalm 62:11 NLT
If you live on the east coast of Florida, you are near the Atlantic Ocean, which roars as the waves crash onto the sand. It is a powerful body of water. The west coast of Florida hugs the Gulf of Mexico with its calm water and gentle waves.
God created both bodies of water—the powerful and the gentle. This is a depiction of our Father in Heaven—a powerful and gentle God who loves us. First Chronicles 29:11 (NLT) says, “Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty.
Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things.” Our God is a mighty God.
Yet, as mighty as He is, He still cares about our problems no matter how small they are. First Kings 19:12 (NLT) reminds us, “And after the earthquake there was a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire there was the sound of a gentle whisper.” His plan and nature are infinitely beyond our understanding—powerful and gentle.
He is faithful, holy, forgiving, and loving. What a mighty God we serve!
1) Thank God for His power and gentleness in your life.
2) Give God the honor and praise He deserves. His love never ends.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018