And he gives grace generously. As the Scriptures say, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
–James 4:6 NLT
In the Bible we learn about Lucifer’s fall. He wanted to be like the Most High God. He was blinded by pride. Pride can take hold of your heart. It affects your thoughts and can be difficult to recognize.
How does pride show its face in your life? Pride comes in many forms. It manifests itself in selfish motives, an inflated ego, or a low opinion of others. People who display a prideful attitude are focused on self. They believe they deserve better than what is happening in their lives. Pride consumes a person’s motivation, decision-making, and activities. It’s hard to humble yourself when you’re stuck in pride. It’s hard to see the truth. It is the sinful nature and the desire to live a life based on feelings.
So what is the answer? Let it be Jesus. The Lord says to Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor (James 4:10 NLT). Anything you achieve in this world would not be possible without Him enabling and sustaining you. Have pride in Him because of His great love for you. Give God the glory, for He alone deserves it.
- Pray for a humble heart that is not filled with pride.
- Thank Jesus for His love. He humbled Himself for you on the cross, accepting His Father’s will.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018