As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.
–Proverbs 27:17 NLT
Consider these words as gifts from dear, wise friends. Let them sharpen you, build you, direct you closer to our King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
“Our past failures never prevent God’s willingness or ability to use us. In fact, our weakness is a great opportunity for the display of His glory. In our own strength, we are totally ineffective. But when we submit to the Lord’s authority, we can experience His victory in whatever He calls us to do.” —Charles Stanley
“Scars are beautiful when we see them as glorious reminders that we courageously survived.” —Lysa TerKeurst
“If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.” —T.D. Jakes
“Often the very things that you think have disqualified you are the ones that qualify you to do what God has called you to do.” —Christine Caine
“By choosing to embrace and practice good values every day, you choose the higher course in life. And your life goes in a direction that you will always feel good about. You may not always get what you desire, but you will always be the person you desire to be.” —John Maxwell
“One of God’s main purposes for your life is to fill you with so much of His love that it overflows onto others.” —Stormie Omartian
- Ask God to point out what part of your history is keeping you from His good plans and future for your new life in Christ.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to empower you to rise up, move onward, and live the higher life God destined you to live.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Get Your Fire and Passion Back | Monday | December 31 - December 31, 2018
- Dream Small – Part Two | Sunday | December 30 - December 30, 2018
- Dream Small – Part One | Saturday | December 29 - December 29, 2018