You realize, don’t you, that you are the temple of God, and God himself is present in you?
–1 Corinthians 3:16 MSG
Have you heard of Habitat for Humanity? It’s an organization that provides suitable, affordable housing for families in need. They often restore existing houses. Part of the program involves the family partaking in responsibilities—contributing a certain amount of hours of labor toward the restoration of their future home.
When a home is ready for occupancy, the family can move in, make it their own home, and assume the responsibilities that come with home ownership. When you accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, God’s Holy Spirit takes up residence within you. Your body becomes the home—the habitat—in which God’s Holy Spirit resides.
As God begins to do good works through you, He most likely will do some remodeling within you, too. God’s restorative work in your inner habitat may include the discarding of old habits in exchange for healthy ones, the rewiring of faulty thinking in exchange for proper thoughts, and the removal of unsuitable behavior in exchange for suitable conduct.
As God works in your heart, mind, and soul, remember that you have to be a willing participant in the restorative steps He takes to make your spirit into something new and beautiful.
- Ask God to make known to you what areas of your life He would like to renovate.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would strengthen you to make it through the renovations God desires to do within you.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- God Is Three in One | Wednesday | December 12 - December 12, 2018
- A Word for You–– Don’t Do it | Tuesday | December 11 - December 11, 2018
- God Loves Ragamuffins | Friday | December 7 - December 7, 2018