See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.
–Hebrews 12:15 NIV
Why is it so easy to look with judgment, rather than love, at people whose lives have been devastated by sin? Do you know that no matter how sinful, how broken, how deeply involved in error they might be, forgiveness is available if they seek it in faith? Jesus has promised everyone forgiveness (see 1 John 1:9, Ephesians 4:32).
Make sure your roots are deep in the Word of God. He is the supplier of everything and has given you the Holy Spirit as the Helper. You are designed to glorify God and live as His victorious son or daughter. His grace motivates you to live differently than the world and differently from those who “claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him” (Titus 1:16 NIV).
We can see sin for what it is because we know the truth found in God’s Word. However, we must maintain a balance between love and calling out another’s sin. Know that God has loved you from the beginning. He created each and every one of us. When we look at others through His eyes, we can love them with a deeper love, which is found described in His Word.
- Ask God to help you love others rather than judge them.
- Thank God that you are His child and that He died to forgive you for your sins.
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- True Intentions | Monday | December 10 - December 10, 2018
- Being Purposeful | Saturday | November 24 - November 24, 2018
- So Very Thankful For So Much | Tuesday | November 20 - November 20, 2018