But Ruth replied, “Don’t ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God.” When Naomi saw that Ruth was determined to go with her, she said nothing more.
–Ruth 1:16,18 NLT
The book of Ruth is a story about two widows, Naomi and Ruth, and a wealthy man named Boaz. What bonded these two widows? Naomi’s faith and Ruth’s loyalty toward her caused them to stick together.
No matter how bleak things appeared for them, God wasn’t done with Ruth and Naomi. Beyond their grief, God had plans they could not envision. As they returned to Naomi’s homeland, God unfolded His plan for their future—one step at a time.
Perhaps God used Naomi and Ruth’s lives to reveal His love and loyalty to you. Are you a widow who can’t imagine going forward in life with the grief mounting up inside you? Are you a parent who lost a child or a woman going through a divorce, and you don’t understand why it occurred or how things will turn out? Don’t abandon your faith in God.
Regardless of your feelings, know that He is by your side. Stay close to God and trust that His plan and purpose for your life will prevail. Like Naomi and Ruth, who left Moab to receive God’s blessings and become part of His greater plan, take whatever steps God is prompting you to take.
- Thank God for His loyalty and devotion to you regardless of what you’re facing or how you are feeling.
- As you read chapter 1 of the book of Ruth, ask God for personal revelation.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Saturday | August 10 | Sending Out an SOS! - August 10, 2019
- Sunday | July 21 | Bible Duo – Martha and Mary - July 21, 2019
- Saturday | July 20 | Bible Duo – Paul and the Jailer - July 20, 2019