One day Ruth the Moabite said to Naomi, “Let me go out into the harvest fields to pick up the stalks of grain left behind by anyone who is kind enough to let me do it,” Naomi replied, “All right, my daughter, go ahead.”
–Ruth 2:2 NLT
God’s timing is perfect timing. When Naomi and Ruth entered Bethlehem, it was harvesting time. Since they were in need, the barley harvest allowed Ruth the opportunity to glean the fields.
While there, Boaz noticed her. From that moment, Boaz took special care of Ruth. After gleaning all day long, Ruth sowed into Naomi’s life from all that she received. In return, Naomi planted into Ruth’s life words of knowledge and wisdom. (Read Ruth chapter 2.)
No matter where you are, God is watching over you like Boaz watched over Ruth. Boaz knew everything that Ruth did for Naomi, and God knows all that you’re doing in the lives of others. God can take care of your needs; you need not roam elsewhere. God has many ways for you to glean from His storehouse.
Just like Boaz asked his workers to leave behind extra barley for Ruth, God will place it on people’s hearts to sow into your life—a financial blessing, a word of encouragement, or a helping hand. As long as you to stay in the field He gave you to glean from and avoid broad areas that are inappropriate and harmful, you can trust in God’s provision and protection.
- Thank God for His protection for you and your loved ones and for providing for your daily needs.
- As you read Ruth chapter 2, ask God for personal revelation.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Saturday | August 10 | Sending Out an SOS! - August 10, 2019
- Sunday | July 21 | Bible Duo – Martha and Mary - July 21, 2019
- Saturday | July 20 | Bible Duo – Paul and the Jailer - July 20, 2019