You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.
–Matthew 5:13 NKJV
In Matthew 5:13-16 Jesus proclaims how Christians are to be like salt and light to the world. Salt acts as a preservative and adds flavor to food. If your faith has been shaken and you’ve lost your spice toward God’s family, refuse to let circumstances or what’s taken place, cause you to feel hopeless or irritated with others.
God’s word says, “Salt is good for seasoning. But if it loses its flavor, how do you make it salty again? You must have the qualities of salt among yourselves and live in peace with each other” (Mark 9:50 NLT). As a Jesus follower, it’s important that you preserve your faith and enhance the lives of your sisters and brothers in Christ.
It’s also important to be gracious in your manner when talking with those who are still held in the pepper shaker of darkness. The more you allow Christ to work, speak and shine through you, you’ll be like an enhancing flavoring to those around you. You’ll leave them thirsting and seeking after your genuine and considerate ways of living. In time, perhaps Jesus will win them over and they’ll become a member of God’s salt & light family.
- Pray that God would reveal to you whether or not you have been slowly losing your spiritual fervor.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you preserve important relationships and be a God-flavoring ingredient in the lives of others.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- God Is Three in One | Wednesday | December 12 - December 12, 2018
- A Word for You–– Don’t Do it | Tuesday | December 11 - December 11, 2018
- God Loves Ragamuffins | Friday | December 7 - December 7, 2018