I will look to the Lord. I will wait for God to save me. I will wait for my God to listen to me. Don’t laugh at me, my enemies. Although I’ve fallen, I will get up. Although I sit in the dark, the Lord is my light. –Micah 7:7-8 GW
Very seldom do people sail through life without having to go through stormy seasons. As much as we hope to dodge these challenging times, they have a way of surging in regardless of our precautions. These challenges may suddenly hit from a natural disaster, an unforeseen illness, a family crisis, or a sudden loss.
Depending upon how you choose to face these potential life-breakers determines the duration and outcome. Knowing that turbulent times are unavoidable, when they hit, it’s wise to learn how to embrace them properly so they don’t cause you to break from within and spiral downward.
When tidal waves of hardship come crashing over you, it is vital that your eyes are kept on Jesus and not fixed on the problem. If you focus on the latter, you’ll lose sight of Jesus’ presence, His helping hand, His guiding light, and the peace that He offers.
When your life is being hit and you think you are going to sink, that is the time to send out an SOS to Jesus—the Savior Of your Soul. When you do, He will become your life preserver and anchor of hope, which will help you embrace the stormy sea more gracefully.
- Lord, thank You for being with me at all times. Help me to learn to trust and hope in You no matter what life brings my way.
- Whenever my soul starts sinking, I only need to cry out, “Lord, sustain me through this trying time. You are my strong Anchor!”
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Saturday | August 10 | Sending Out an SOS! - August 10, 2019
- Sunday | July 21 | Bible Duo – Martha and Mary - July 21, 2019
- Saturday | July 20 | Bible Duo – Paul and the Jailer - July 20, 2019