Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
–Galatians 6:10 NIV
What does it mean to share others’ burdens? Do you look the other way or are you ready and willing for action? Whatever you do for others, you are doing for Christ.
How can you show the love of God in this troubled world? It is with a Christlike character.
There are many people who have deep pain inside. Don’t be fooled by the smile on their faces, because deep inside, they are hoping you will respond to their pain. You may think you shouldn’t interfere, but it could be the first step in their healing. You can make all the difference by showing them they are not alone. Something as simple as encouraging them is what God expects of you. He says everyone is better together.
Don’t let fear turn you the other way—respond with faith. Galatians 6:2 (NIV) says to Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. You will be blessed when you are doing what is good and pleasing to the Lord.
- Pray for God to open your eyes and be sensitive to others’ needs.
- Pray for a strong faith in the Lord—not in yourself or your abilities, but what He can do through you.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018