Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”
–John 8:12 NLT
What comes to your mind when you hear the words “Light of the World”?
If you are familiar with God’s Word, you understand that phrase is from the Bible and refers to Jesus. Like Him, we are to let our lives tell a story of God’s love to others. Don’t stay in the shadow—walk out of the darkness into the light.
The light that the Bible is speaking about is a godly light where generosity, compassion, and righteousness shine. This comes from time alone spent seeking God, meditating on His Word, and communicating with Him.
Matthew 5:14-16 (NIV) says, You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. What better way to have your light shine!
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to let His love shine through you so others see Jesus—the true Light.
- Pray and ask God to help you always show the same mercy and grace that was given to you.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018