Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.
-John 8:7 NIV
We are all guilty of being able to see the sin in others – at times without seeing our own. In the Bible, an adulterous woman was brought to Jesus. According to the law at that time – she should have been stoned. Jesus did just the opposite. He said to the crowd if any of them were without sin to throw the first stone – not one of them could. Why? Because we all fall short and are sinners.
The only one who had no sin was put on a cross. The great exchange – His life for yours. His words then are the same now. John 8:11 says, “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.” (NIV)
Guilt is a burden that travels, even when you leave the life of sin. God wants you to remember His mercy and grace never change. He wants to show Himself strong in your life. Respond with trust. You are never alone.
If you find yourself needing forgiveness remember no sin is beyond His grace. You serve an awesome God who will never leave or forsake you.
- Thank God for forgiving you and ask for His strength to guide you.
- Pray with a thankful heart that you can always go to Christ and He will forgive your sins.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018