You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.
–1 Peter 3:4 NLT
Today is an age when physical makeovers are popular. Women are given makeovers with makeup or new clothes or radically change their physical appearance. Men are not exempt from the desire for complete transformations—they change from long hair to short, change the way they dress, or somehow improve their bodies. All these changes are focused on outward appearance. But there is a more important makeover that is needed—a spiritual one.
Spiritual makeovers take place in the heart. This is the type of makeover God truly desires for us. When you accept Jesus as your Savior you are granted His grace and given a cleansed heart that desires to do His will. As Ezekiel 36:26-27 (ESV) says, “And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.”
Everything we do in life starts in our hearts. God isn’t interested in the outward makeovers—He wants to give you a beautiful new heart and have a personal relationship with you.
- Thank God that He looks at your heart and not the outward appearance.
- Meditate on God’s Word and let it lead you to God’s heart-makeover.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018