Then he got in the boat, his disciples with him. The next thing they knew, they were in a severe storm. Waves were crashing into the boat—and he was sound asleep! They roused him, pleading, “Master, save us! We’re going down.”
–Matthew 8:23-25 MSG
Seldom do people sail through life without having to navigate through stormy seasons. As much as we hope to dodge these challenging times, they have a way of surging in regardless of our preparations and precautions. These trying times may suddenly hit from natural disasters, an unforeseen illness, a family crisis, or financial hardship. The duration and outcome of these potential life changers is determined by how you choose to face them. Knowing that turbulent times are unavoidable, it’s wise to learn how to embrace them properly, so they don’t cause you to collapse from within and sink downward.
When tidal waves of hardship crash over you, it’s vital that your eyes are kept on Jesus and not fixed on the problem. If you focus on the latter, you’ll lose sight of Jesus’ presence, His helping hand, His guiding light, and the peace that He offers. When your life is being hit, and you think you are going to sink, that’s the time to send out an S.O.S to Jesus—the Savior of your soul. When you do, He will become your life preserver and anchor of hope—helping you embrace the stormy weather more gracefully.
- Thank Jesus for being the Captain of your ship as you place your hope and trust in Him no matter what life brings your way.
- God, I need not fear trying times because You are my guiding light and Your peace in the middle of the storm is all I need.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- A Word for You–– Don’t Do it | Tuesday | December 11 - December 11, 2018
- God Loves Ragamuffins | Friday | December 7 - December 7, 2018
- What’s the Difference…? | Sunday | December 2 - December 2, 2018