For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
-1 Timothy 4:8 NIV
With the new year, you will find gyms filled with men and women who are seriously invested in changing their bodies. They want to build more muscle and work long and hard to achieve their goal. Do you wonder if the same strengthening is taking place with their spiritual muscles – their hearts?
How do you strengthen the heart spiritually? Spending time in the Bible – studying and meditating. It’s in learning about God’s goodness and grace for you. It is essential to keep your spiritual heart strong.
Your body will eventually die but you have a promise. Spiritual strengthening holds a promise-which is eternal life. 1 Corinthians 15:40, NLT says, “There are also bodies in heaven and bodies on earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.”
- Ask God to test your thoughts and lead you in the way you should go.
- Pray for God to strengthen you spiritually and give you the desire to seek Him first.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018