Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.
–Joshua 1:8 NLT
Similar to the game of Memory, to succeed and prosper in our Christian lives we need to meditate and fill ourselves up with God’s Word, so we can learn and obey it. When we memorize God’s Word by storing it up in our heart and memory bank, we can recall and correctly apply it to different areas of our lives. Memorizing Scripture permits us to make wise choices, trust in God more quickly, and advance in all that He calls us to do.
God doesn’t call us to failure—He encourages us to press onward to His higher calling. God wants us to prosper and succeed in all that He calls us to do; however, our thoughts need to match up with His thoughts.
Hanging on to negative thinking, bad memories, grudges, or hurts interfere with our spiritual growth and development. The Word of God says, “Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes” (Ephesians 4:23 NLT). With more of God’s Word within you, the more His Spirit will be able to transform your thinking, which in turn will positively affect your attitude. Thus, your Spirit-filled life will be a precious memory, one that leaves a godly, lasting impression upon many.
- God, I desire to grow closer to You. Help me to plan my day, so I can spend ample time with You in Your Word and in prayer.
- Holy Spirit, as I fill myself up with God’s truths and promises, I ask that You bring them to my remembrance when needed.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Get Your Fire and Passion Back | Monday | December 31 - December 31, 2018
- Dream Small – Part Two | Sunday | December 30 - December 30, 2018
- Dream Small – Part One | Saturday | December 29 - December 29, 2018