But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. –James 3:17 NIV
True wisdom can be measured by the depth of a person’s character. Wisdom leads to peace and goodness, while wise, loving words are seeds of peace to those around us. In Matthew 5:9 (NIV), Jesus says, “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.”
In James 3:17, the characteristics of wise people are listed. When these fruits are displayed in our lives, the way we interact with others and how we handle our relationships tells a lot about our character. Remember the words in Proverbs 10:9 (NIV): “Whoever walks in integrity walks securely but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out.”Don’t we all want to walk in integrity?
Can the people in our lives trust us and expect that what we say will be truthful? We are called to be Jesus’ disciples and to be wise in our walk here on earth. When we ask Jesus to forgive our sins and come into our lives, we are now held to a higher calling.
Keep seeking God’s wisdom by spending time in the Word and walking with the Holy Spirit daily. He is our Guide to the plan God has for our lives. Part of that plan is to walk in wisdom. According to King Solomon in Proverbs 2:6 (NIV), “For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.”
- Keeping an active prayer life helps you understand God’s will for your life and also helps you grow in wisdom. Thank God for His Word and that He loves to hear you talk to Him!
- Ask God to grant you wisdom so that you can be known as a person of integrity!
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- Thursday | July 18 | Bible Duo – Jesus and John the Baptist - July 18, 2019
- Wisdom and Understanding | Saturday | June 22 - June 22, 2019
- Your “A HA” Moments | Monday | June 17 - June 17, 2019