Jesus grew in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and all the people.
–Luke 2:52 NLT
When Jesus was young He grew in wisdom, stature, and in favor. When He was about 30, Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. When He rose from the water, a voice from Heaven said, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy” (Matthew 3:17 NLT). From there Jesus’ public ministry began. He knew His mission and didn’t allow anyone or anything to deter Him from fulfilling His Father’s will.
The day you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, you were adopted into God’s family. As a result, God accepts and recognizes you as His son or daughter (2 Corinthians 6:18), whom He loves and cherishes. From the onset of your new birth in Christ, the transforming work of the Holy Spirit began refashioning you into the man or woman God destined for you to become. It’s a holy inner work that continues throughout your lifetime.
As a child of God, you need to know that your identity isn’t found in what you do, what role you play, or your outward appearance. Why? Because these things shift, change, and fade away. Your core identity is found in Christ, which is steady, secure, and eternal (2 Corinthians 1:21-22).
- If you haven’t been baptized after receiving Christ, ask God if it’s time for you to partake in water baptism like Jesus did.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would give you greater revelations of who you are as a child of God.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- A Word for You–– Don’t Do it | Tuesday | December 11 - December 11, 2018
- God Loves Ragamuffins | Friday | December 7 - December 7, 2018
- What’s the Difference…? | Sunday | December 2 - December 2, 2018