Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
–Romans 12:2 NLT
(See yesterday’s devotional, 02/26/18, for Your Transformation, Part 1.)
God’s foremost mission is for you to know Him more fully and for you to obey His Word, so that you can grow, mature, and be refashioned into being made more like Christ. Inward beauty and purity of heart are more important to God than outward appearances and worldly ambitions. This transformation takes place within your thoughts, heart, and conduct, which then equips you to do what God calls you to.
As you permit God to transform you from within—by changing the way you think, how you respond to others, and how you live your life—you come to learn more clearly God’s good, pleasing, and perfect will. This transformation pleases God, blesses others, and fits the refashioned you beautifully.
Don’t allow anyone or anything to deter you from following God’s will for your life (Psalm 37:34). Be watchful of the culture around you: its ways and people may change, but the Word of God never does. Allow God’s Word and His Spirit to govern your mind, heart, attitudes, and actions—when you do, you’ll be living the higher life God destined for you as God’s dearly loved child who brings Him great joy.
- Let God know how grateful you are that He chose and adopted you into His kingdom and family of believers.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would help you to grow and mature to be more Christ-like and to live a godly lifestyle.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- A Word for You–– Don’t Do it | Tuesday | December 11 - December 11, 2018
- God Loves Ragamuffins | Friday | December 7 - December 7, 2018
- What’s the Difference…? | Sunday | December 2 - December 2, 2018