For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light.
–Ephesians 5:8 NIV
As a believer, do you now look at everything differently? Things you did in the past you would not consider doing now. Do you find the world’s thinking upsetting to you? If this is true, then you are on the right path.
You have traded your independence to depending on God. You are a window through which others can see Jesus. You, yourself, are walking toward the light of Jesus’ love — you are not perfect, but you clearly are not where you used to be.
The light of God was turned on in you. You want your conversation, character, and conduct to reflect this to others. Be strong. Read the Bible. Seek friends who are like-minded. Build bridges that lead others to want a relationship with Jesus.
It is a dark world and many people live in darkness—some don’t know or even acknowledge God. You may be the only light that they will see in this world. Matthew 5:16 (NIV) says, “In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” The more you seek after God and put Him first, the more your light shines.
- Thank God for sending His Son as the Light of the world.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to shine His light through you to others.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018