There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends”–John 15:13 NLT
On Christmas, we participate in a number of traditions. Gift giving is one of the major customs of this holiday, reminding us of the Wise Men’s gifts to the baby Jesus: gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Yet, theirs were not the first gifts of Christmas.
Jesus gave us the original gift on the day He was born. He is the “King of kings, and Lord of lords” (Revelation 19:16 ESV). Jesus gave His life for us so that we would not perish but live and spend eternity with Him.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16 NIV). His was the greatest of all gifts. It is up to each of us to receive this precious gift of salvation.
During this Christmas season, reflect upon what you have done with this ultimate present. Is it still sitting, wrapped under the tree? Have you returned it unopened? Or have you accepted the profound gift of eternal fellowship with your Lord and Savior?
Realize the enormity of God’s gift, express your sincere gratitude to Him for His amazing love, and look for opportunities to tell others of this amazing gift that is available to them.
1) Pray that the Lord will help you to realize the magnitude of His love for you through the gift of your Lord and Savior.
2) Pray for opportunities to tell others about the amazing gift of eternal life that you have received.
Latest posts by Ida Fiorella (see all)
- Ambassadors for Christ | Tuesday | January 8 - January 8, 2019
- The Ultimate Christmas Gift | Sunday | December 23 - December 23, 2018
- Refuse to Be Mediocre | Tuesday | November 27 - November 27, 2018