If you love someone, you will be loyal to him no matter what the cost. You will always believe in him, always expect the best of him, and always stand your ground in defending him. -1 Corinthians 13:7 TLB
What does unconditional love look like? It’s love to the highest degree with no regard to self. Unconditional love exists when a husband sticks by his wife’s side even when her hair falls out. When she’s feeling down, he arises and says, “I love you. I see you as perfectly beautiful.”
Unrestricted love occurs when a husband confesses that he’s made a foolish mistake and his wife says, “I forgive you. We’ll work this out together.”
Unconditional love transpires when a mother gives birth to a child with down-syndrome and the father walks away. But the mother says to her child, “I love you. I’ll do my best in raising you. I’ll make certain you receive the best education available, so you’ll grow and become as independent as God designed.”
Unrestricted love calls a friend in a crisis and says, “I’d like to help by covering your utility bills.” A check is mailed with no expectation of being paid back.
Love in action never fails, it always prevails. The Bible says, “Three things will last forever–faith, hope, and love–and the greatest of these is love,” (1 Corinthians 13:13 NLT). Be steadfast in LOVE!
- Ask God to fill you with His endless love so you can extend such love to others through this coming day.
- Pray that God’s Holy Spirit would help you grow and mature in the fruit of the spirit of LOVE.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- God Is Three in One | Wednesday | December 12 - December 12, 2018
- A Word for You–– Don’t Do it | Tuesday | December 11 - December 11, 2018
- God Loves Ragamuffins | Friday | December 7 - December 7, 2018