So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.
-1 Thessalonians 5:11 NLT
The Bible says, “The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing,” (Proverbs 12:18 NIV). What you say to others has the power to either destroy or foster their life. It’s imperative to guard your mouth, so you don’t harm others or bring heartache upon yourself. God’s Word resonates that you’ll reap—whether good or bad—what you sow.
As important as it is to restrain from talking negatively, it’s imperative to speak encouraging words. When you refrain from speaking affirming words, it can have a grave effect on others just as negative words spoken. Unspoken words can’t be heard. You might ‘think’ thoughtful things toward someone, but they cannot read your mind. Positive affirmation, regardless of age, is vital. All people–family, friends, coworkers, lost souls, Christian brothers and sisters–at times need to hear affirming words. If you see someone doing a good job, let them know.
If you have not expressed gratitude towards your spouse lately, tell them how thankful you are for all they do. If God has blessed you with children, let them know that you love them. Don’t hold back from investing a healthy compliment into someone’s life today. Be thoughtful in your speech. Your words have the power to bring a smile to someone’s face or even fuel them onwards regardless of the circumstances they’re facing.
- Pray God would place on your mind and heart someone He would have you invest a compliment in today.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to gift you with wise, uplifting words that will inevitably edify and empower others.
Latest posts by Barbara Alpert (see all)
- Check Your Progress | Sunday | June 23 - June 23, 2019
- Unspoken Words Can’t Be Heard | Thursday | June 13 - June 13, 2019
- One Chapter – Three Healings | Saturday | June 1 - June 1, 2019