If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
–James 1:5 NKJV
Are you using wisdom when talking to people you meet every day, or your family and friends? Choosing your words is very important when communicating with others. Kindness is always welcomed in a conversation. You are representing Jesus in your walk on this earth.
With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, you touch the lives of people every day. Are you allowing His wisdom in the words you are choosing? Try to listen, to understand, not to respond. Your empathy of another’s situation or experience is also a way of showing your concern for that person. Be slow to speak (James 1:19). Think about the other person.
You are the light of this world. Remember, once you speak, you can never take back the words! Words are powerful. Use them wisely!
- Ask God to help you be wise, so that your words can be life-giving. (See James 3:1-18).
- Ask God to help you use kind words that will brighten someone’s day.
Latest posts by Denise Varga (see all)
- True Intentions | Monday | December 10 - December 10, 2018
- Being Purposeful | Saturday | November 24 - November 24, 2018
- So Very Thankful For So Much | Tuesday | November 20 - November 20, 2018