I will call to you whenever I’m in trouble, and you will answer me.
–Psalm 86:7 NLT
Do you feel like everyone is in a hurry? Maybe you are living in turmoil most of the time. Are you over-committed trying to be all things to all people? Do you feel like you are on a treadmill unable to slow down? Is dinnertime as a family is hit or miss? Are you suffering from a busy schedule? If you feel this way, your life has been overtaken by busyness.
You need balance. You can find balance by living not only in an earthly realm but a heavenly realm, as well. Don’t let the world’s thinking take over—listen to Who lives inside you. Put the things of God at the center of your day. You have responsibilities and they must be met, but not at the expense of your health and family. Decide what is really important and make a firm decision to make progress in those areas. Hebrews 4:10 (NIV) says…for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. If God needed rest, wouldn’t you, as well?
- Enter God’s rest and pray for strength to put aside busyness.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to help and direct your path daily.
Latest posts by Rosemary Valentino (see all)
- Committed to Live for Christ | Sunday | December 9 - December 9, 2018
- Powerful and Gentle | Wednesday | December 5 - December 5, 2018
- Illusion of Success | Saturday | December 1 - December 1, 2018